|NUTRITION LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
DEVELOPING LEADERSHIP IN NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES &
PROMOTING EXCELLENCE IN NUTRITION RESEARCH
The Dannon Institute created the Dannon Institute Nutrition Leadership Institute in 1998 to exemplify its commitment to the development of leadership in nutritional sciences and the promotion of excellence in research. To further support this goal, the Dannon Institute created a complimentary program, the Dannon Institute Academic Mid-Career Nutrition Leadership Institute. This program is designed to define and support the 21st century leadership needs within the academic discipline of nutrition for faculty who have completed their terminal degree training 10-20 years ago.
The Dannon Institute Academic Mid-Career Nutrition Leadership Institute consists of an intensive three-day training program designed to provide an opportunity for participants to determine desirable characteristics of senior leaders and explore personal fit for the role of department chair, division chief or similar role in academic nutrition departments and schools. Program objectives include:
- To define the 21st century leadership needs within the academic discipline of nutrition
- To determine and explore desirable characteristics of senior leaders in academic nutrition departments and schools
- To delineate the roles of department chairs/heads, school directors, deans or other academic leaders in the field of nutrition
- To explore and develop participants' capabilities, skills and personal fit for the role of department chair and other leadership roles in the field of nutrition
The program includes participation by well-established professionals with careers in academic nutrition.
The Dannon Institute provides the following to participants of the Dannon Institute Academic Mid-Career Nutrition Leadership Institute:
- Single occupancy accommodations for four nights. All meals, beverages and snacks starting with dinner on the first evening and ending with breakfast on the last day.
- All materials to be provided by the Dannon Institute.
Participants of the Academic Mid-Career Nutrition Leadership Institute will be responsible for all costs associated with the following:
- Travel to and from the program site in the Chicago, Illinois area by air, train, or car, including ground transportation to and from the airport, train station, etc.
This program will be held June 12-16, 2016. If you are interested in this program, click the links to the left to learn more about the criteria for eligibility and evaluation of applications. The deadline to submit applications is February 12, 2016.